Cincinnati Rollergirls Boot Camp
We're excited to announce that we're holding a two-week boot camp from Oct. 13-24, 2019! This boot camp is designed for skaters of all skill levels and all genders, ages 18 and older, who want to learn the skills and strategy required to play flat track roller derby and who want to find out what it's like to play at the competitive level. An optional tryout for CRG's 2020 competitive season follows the boot camp on Sunday, Oct. 27.
Space is limited to 30 boot camp participants, who must have their own skates and gear (helmet, elbow pads, wrist guards, knee pads and mouthguard). Two boot camp options are available:
*OPTION 1: A one-day minimum skills crash course from 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 13 ($15). This crash course is designed to introduce skaters to the minimum skills required by the Women's Flat Track Derby Association (WFTDA), the sports governing body, to play flat track roller derby in sanctioned games.
*OPTION 2: The full two-week boot camp from Oct. 13-24 ($40). This option includes the one-day boot camp on Oct. 13. Skaters will further practice WFTDA minimum skills if they enroll in the full two-week boot camp. Each class will be devoted to different skills, including stopping, footwork, partner drills and pack work. Skaters will be tested on these minimum skills only if they decide to attend the Oct. 27 tryout.
BOOT CAMP SCHEDULE (please note that there are two different locations for this boot camp):
- Sunday, Oct. 13: Doors open at 9am, WFTDA Minimum Skills Crash Course 9:30am-12:30pm (@ The Place, 3211 Lina Pl, Cincinnati, OH 45239)
- Tuesday, Oct. 15: Doors open at 8pm, Boot Camp 8:30-10pm (@ Skatetown USA, 8730 N Pavilion Dr, West Chester, OH 45069)
- Thursday, Oct. 17: Doors open at 8pm, Boot Camp 8:30-10pm (@ Skatetown USA)
- Sunday, Oct. 20: Doors open at 9am, Boot Camp 9:30am-12:30pm (@ The Place)
- Tuesday, Oct. 22: Doors open at 8pm, Boot Camp 8:30-10pm (@ Skatetown USA)
- Thursday, Oct. 24: Doors open at 8pm, Boot Camp 8:30-10pm (@ Skatetown USA)
- Sunday, Oct. 27: Doors open at 9am, Tryouts 9:30am-12:30pm (@ The Place)
THE FINE PRINT:
- Space is limited to 30 participants. Register early to reserve your spot! (Sorry, no refunds.)
- You do not need to attend the boot camp to attend tryouts on Oct. 27. There is no charge to attend tryouts only.
- This boot camp and tryouts are open to participants only no spectators.
- For a detailed tryouts FAQ, visit cincinnatirollergirls.com/join.
The Place & Skatetown USA (View)
3211 Lina Place
Cincinnati, OH 45239
|Minimum Age: 18|
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|